We had a fire in our home in September. According to both the local fire marhall and an independent fire investigator, the fire was due to the dryer and was nothing we could have prevented it was not due to a lint build up, clogged vent hose or anything of that nature. The investigator said he has seen this many times with this brand of dryer, additionally this particular design has seen many fires as they are currently undergoing a class action suit for dryer fires. See this link to check your own dryer. https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/exr/home.aspx
As such, I had reached out to Electrolux and started a claim for what we lost. After no answers for two weeks I emailed Greg Hoff, the VP of risk management to attempt to get an answer. Today I received a phone call from a representative of his. They are refusing to do anything about the damages and though they say it was not a defect, he did NOT tell me what did cause it and instead said it could've been lint buildup (which it wasn't and have the fire report to show this) or a foil vent hose (again not clogged). I will be taking this as far as I can through the BBB and other means but for the meantime.
Check your dryers to see if they are an Electrolux product by the link. If you know anyone looking for new appliances tell them to AVOID all of their products as the callousness and way they treat others is ridiculous. Share this to warn others please. @Electroluxus @Electrolux @Electroluxgroup #Electrolux
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- dryer fire
- Preferred solution:
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Burnt Dryer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On April 23, 2015 I made the mistake of ordering a microwave oven, 5 year warranty and trim kit from AppliancesConnection.com. At the time of placing the order,..."
- "I just found my receipt of purchase. Today is 12/28/2015. My television was purchased on 01/13/2013. It isn't 2 yrs old yet, Hisense says the television isn't covered because I..."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I made a purchased from billet tech a couple years ago and when I wrote a review online in my group mentioning the lies I was given and the extra..."
- " It is unfortunate that with very few cars, early Sunday afternoon, yet it took 50 min. For my food to come out. Not only was the meat cold, but..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."