We had a fire in our home in September. According to both the local fire marhall and an independent fire investigator, the fire was due to the dryer and was nothing we could have prevented it was not due to a lint build up, clogged vent hose or anything of that nature. The investigator said he has seen this many times with this brand of dryer, additionally this particular design has seen many fires as they are currently undergoing a class action suit for dryer fires. See this link to check your own dryer. https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/exr/home.aspx
As such, I had reached out to Electrolux and started a claim for what we lost. After no answers for two weeks I emailed Greg Hoff, the VP of risk management to attempt to get an answer. Today I received a phone call from a representative of his. They are refusing to do anything about the damages and though they say it was not a defect, he did NOT tell me what did cause it and instead said it could've been lint buildup (which it wasn't and have the fire report to show this) or a foil vent hose (again not clogged). I will be taking this as far as I can through the BBB and other means but for the meantime.
Check your dryers to see if they are an Electrolux product by the link. If you know anyone looking for new appliances tell them to AVOID all of their products as the callousness and way they treat others is ridiculous. Share this to warn others please. @Electroluxus @Electrolux @Electroluxgroup #Electrolux
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- dryer fire
- Preferred solution:
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Burnt Dryer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Induction cooktop...a few months into use gave up the ghost. Repair service came out to undertake warranty work and promptly closed up the unit saying it was a hazard and..."
- "I visited Big lot a week before Christmas, saw a nostalgic stereo system for $85.00. Left it and came back, asked if there were anymore, i was told only the..."
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."