Bernville, Pennsylvania
Style and Design

We had a fire in our home in September. According to both the local fire marhall and an independent fire investigator, the fire was due to the dryer and was nothing we could have prevented it was not due to a lint build up, clogged vent hose or anything of that nature. The investigator said he has seen this many times with this brand of dryer, additionally this particular design has seen many fires as they are currently undergoing a class action suit for dryer fires. See this link to check your own dryer. https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/exr/home.aspx

As such, I had reached out to Electrolux and started a claim for what we lost. After no answers for two weeks I emailed Greg Hoff, the VP of risk management to attempt to get an answer. Today I received a phone call from a representative of his. They are refusing to do anything about the damages and though they say it was not a defect, he did NOT tell me what did cause it and instead said it could've been lint buildup (which it wasn't and have the fire report to show this) or a foil vent hose (again not clogged). I will be taking this as far as I can through the BBB and other means but for the meantime.

Check your dryers to see if they are an Electrolux product by the link. If you know anyone looking for new appliances tell them to AVOID all of their products as the callousness and way they treat others is ridiculous. Share this to warn others please. @Electroluxus @Electrolux @Electroluxgroup ‪#‎Electrolux‬

Reason of review: dryer fire.

Preferred solution: reimbursement.

Had an Experience with Electrolux?

Comments

Outline_Outreach_SPC

Hello Friend,

On behalf of Electrolux, please except our humble apologies on your recent frustrating experience.

Please allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence.

We never wish such inconveniences upon our consumers and want to research your history with us.

If you will, kindly contact us at SocialCare(at)Electrolux.com with your full name in the subject line and all contact and product information in your email body.

Your concern will be reevaluated with our complete and full attention.We hear your voice and thank you for taking your time to share your important feedback, and again, our sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory experience.

Best regards