We had a fire in our home in September. According to both the local fire marhall and an independent fire investigator, the fire was due to the dryer and was nothing we could have prevented it was not due to a lint build up, clogged vent hose or anything of that nature. The investigator said he has seen this many times with this brand of dryer, additionally this particular design has seen many fires as they are currently undergoing a class action suit for dryer fires. See this link to check your own dryer. https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/exr/home.aspx
As such, I had reached out to Electrolux and started a claim for what we lost. After no answers for two weeks I emailed Greg Hoff, the VP of risk management to attempt to get an answer. Today I received a phone call from a representative of his. They are refusing to do anything about the damages and though they say it was not a defect, he did NOT tell me what did cause it and instead said it could've been lint buildup (which it wasn't and have the fire report to show this) or a foil vent hose (again not clogged). I will be taking this as far as I can through the BBB and other means but for the meantime.
Check your dryers to see if they are an Electrolux product by the link. If you know anyone looking for new appliances tell them to AVOID all of their products as the callousness and way they treat others is ridiculous. Share this to warn others please. @Electroluxus @Electrolux @Electroluxgroup #Electrolux
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- dryer fire
- Preferred solution:
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Burnt Dryer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."