Multiple washer part failures on a young top of the line Electrolux

Our 2.5 yr old pampered front loader Electrolux washer had a noise when filling/emptying along with a burning smell.Consider that these are top of the line expensive units.

Our Electrolux recommended repairman advised that it needs a new pump AND electronic control board. He said he has never seen the electric board failure on such a young machine. (Don't even get me started about the companion dryer). Contacted Electrolux to see if they would stand behind their lemon and they wanted nothing to do with the repair costs.

A pity, we are their dream demographic. Bottom line...with the burning smell my wife has lost faith and at just under 3 years in, we are now going to replace the units with anything BUT Electrolux/Frigidaires. I would advise anyone else to do the same.

If you can't stand behind your products you get the bad reputation that this company has developed.I only wish I knew then what I know now!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Nice cust srvc rep with no power
  • What I disliked
    • Wont stand behind poor design

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Front Load Washer
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #588386 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Electrolux? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Just Me

Feb 17, 2015 #946917 Cleveland, Tennessee

Buy a MAYTAGE its made here in the USA. Sick of the junk overseas and paying good money.

Feb 06, 2015 #942175 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

We are the sad owners of the above washers. UPDATE: Electrolux's so called "customer care" did reach out to me. After spending time describing my complaint AGAIN to the representative (I had made a phone call to Electrolux the week before and that phone call was a waste of time as I was reminded that we were out of warranty and they want nothing to do with any repair costs). They only contacted me this second time because of all of the complaints that I have lodged against them on line. Now they are saying that they would have assisted but they can't because I already had their certified repairman fix the washer and they can't reimburse for a part once it has already been purchased. With the burning smell and our repairman saying that it is a fire hazard until it is repaired, what choice did we have but to fix it? What a joke! This isn't about money, it is the principal of the matter that Electrolux is doing every thing that they can to tap dance around their defective parts quality. I was not asking them to cover the entire repair just the electric control board which our repair man stated should last as long as the washer. Although, if history has taught me anything is that that won't be a very long time anyway. If Electrolux thinks that I am just going to go away, they are sadly mistaken. I was talking to my attorney the other day (who is building a new home) and I was telling him this story. He did some checking and advised that Electrolux/frigidaire has a ton of class... Show more

Feb 04, 2015 #940985

Hello Friend,
On behalf of Electrolux, please except our humble apologies on your recent frustrating experience.
Please allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence. We never wish such inconveniences upon our consumers and want to research your history with us. If you will, kindly contact us at SocialCare(at) with your full name in the subject line and all contact and product information in your email body.
Your concern will be reevaluated with our complete and full attention. We hear your voice and thank you for taking your time to share your important feedback, and again, our sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory experience.
Best regards
Online Outreach Specialist

Jan 31, 2015 #939292 Blanchard, Oklahoma

front load washers and dryers are junk buy to load they have been around for over 40 years

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Electrolux. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Electrolux.
Filing a new complaint about