Multiple washer part failures on a young top of the line Electrolux
Our 2.5 yr old pampered front loader Electrolux washer had a noise when filling/emptying along with a burning smell.Consider that these are top of the line expensive units.
Our Electrolux recommended repairman advised that it needs a new pump AND electronic control board. He said he has never seen the electric board failure on such a young machine. (Don't even get me started about the companion dryer). Contacted Electrolux to see if they would stand behind their lemon and they wanted nothing to do with the repair costs.
A pity, we are their dream demographic. Bottom line...with the burning smell my wife has lost faith and at just under 3 years in, we are now going to replace the units with anything BUT Electrolux/Frigidaires. I would advise anyone else to do the same.
If you can't stand behind your products you get the bad reputation that this company has developed.I only wish I knew then what I know now!
More Review Details
What I liked
- Nice cust srvc rep with no power
What I disliked
- Wont stand behind poor design
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Front Load Washer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "purchase a nuwave oven in less than one year the dome like all other complaints i have read has cracked. had i known about the DEFFECT in this product i..."
- "Bought a sausage egg and hashbrown sandwich fro a vending macbine at H.B.C. Service Company in Washington Pa. Payed $2.00 for it and one ot is over priced. Two,..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."